Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Kitchen Cat

23rd March 2011

I have been looking forward to the dinner at The Kitchen Cat but honestly, the food was rather disappointing. Probably I had too high an expectation thus causing the disappointment. But the dessert saved the day.

We started with a list of appetiser: a variety of ham (too salty and maybe a bit too raw for me), a plate of deep fried zucchini flowers (best among all appetisers), a tray of bread (the deep fried bread was unique...crsipy and not oily at all)..




The main dishes were alright, if you are one who enjoy the original taste of food....the food was bland....Maybe I enjoy more savoury food....The chicken was bland and the fish.....I'm never a sea bass lover anyway..Anyway, the main courses were accompanied by 2 sides; water blanched spinach and fried potato wedges that were too tough for people who wear dentures.







The highlight of the dinner....DESSERT! There were really delicious. The poached peaches were nicely done. The sugar syrup did not take away the fragrance of the peaches and what really took my breath away was the chocolate and vanilla ice cream. I seldom buy ice-cream in Singapore as I find them too sweet. But the ice-cream they served were really done expertly with the right amount of sweetness and you can taste the bitterness of the cocoa and the fragrance of the vanilla. But the waffle roll that came later was a bit too sweet. Maybe I should have eaten it with the ice-cream but I forgot its existence as the chocolate ice cream was really nice and I had my attention focused on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment